Cash Raffle for 2015-2016
Drawing, Sunday May 1, 2016 at 7:30PM
(end of OLV School Carnival)
Tickets are $20 each with a chance to win
$5,000 grand prize
$1,000 2nd prize
$500 3rd prize
Purchase your winning ticket at:
Our Lady of Victory Catholic School
1626 W. Princeton Avenue
Fresno CA 93705
Call 559-229-0205 for more information
Cash Raffle Rules
Our Lady of Victory Cash Raffle Official Rules (“Official Rules”)
The cash raffle is sponsored by and will benefit Our Lady of Victory School (hereafter referred to as “OLV’) located at 1626 West Princeton Avenue in Fresno, California. By participating in this raffle, and purchasing a raffle ticket, all participants and every person named on a raffle ticket stub accept and agree as follows:
1. HOW TO ENTER. The ticket value is set at $20.00 per entry. Entrant must fully complete the personal information as requested on the ticket stub. OLV assumes no responsibility for illegible and/or incomplete ticket stub information. OLV assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, or non-delivered mail or other failure to deliver tickets prior to any deadline. Entrants may purchase as many tickets as they wish. Tickets are personal and can only be in the name of an individual Entrant. Entrants may not sell, donate or otherwise transfer their ticket(s) to anyone. The prize will be issued to only the Entrant whose name on the ticket stub.
2. GRAND PRIZE. The prize is $5,000 in cash. Any and all relevant federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Selected Entrant. Selected entrant is encouraged to consult a licensed accountant or tax attorney to discuss all potential tax consequences.
3. DRAWING & ODDS. One (1) drawing for the Grand Prize will be made at random and conducted by a representative of OLV on Sunday, May 1, 2016, on OLV’s grounds. Entrants need not be present to win. Grand prize, 2nd prize, and 3rd prize selection will be made from among the ticket stubs that have been detached from all tickets sold for entry in the drawing. Odds of winning depend on the total number of ticket sold. A maximum of 5,000 tickets will be sold. A minimum of 2,000 tickets is required to be sold for the Raffle to be valid. In the event less than 2,000 tickets are sold by May 1, 2016, OLV retains the right to extend the drawing date. The odds of winning range from 1:2,000 to 1:5,000.
4. NOTIFICATION/FINAL AWARD OF GRAND PRIZE, 2nd PRIZE and 3rd PRIZE. The Entrant whose ticket is drawn (“Selected Entrant”) at the Grand Prize drawing will be notified by phone and/or U.S. Mail using the information provided on the ticket stub. a) Selected Entrant must take possession of the prize within thirty (30) calendar days of notification. If Selected Entrant fails to take possession or cannot be located within thirty (30) calendar days after reasonable attempts to do so, or is deemed to be ineligible, Selected Entrant will be deemed to have forfeited the prize, and a subsequent Selected Entrant will be selected for such prize. b) The subsequent Selected Entrant must take possession of the prize within thirty (30) calendar days of notification. If subsequent Selected Entrant fails to take possession or cannot be located within thirty (30) calendar days after reasonable attempts to do so, or is deemed to be ineligible, subsequent Selected Entrant will be deemed to have forfeited the prize, and a subsequent Selected Entrant will be selected for such prize. c) Additional subsequent Selected Entrants will be drawn until the Grand Prize is properly claimed.
5. ELIGIBILITY. The Raffle is open to all persons age 18 and over who are legal U.S. residents. This includes OLV’s administration, school board members, faculty, staff, and all auxiliary club and committee members, including parent, booster, and development.
6. PUBLICITY. As a condition to the final awarding of the Grand Prize, the Selected Entrant must grant permission for the use of his or her name, photographs, or likenesses for advertising and promotion for this Raffle and other OLV promotions or events without compensation, unless prohibited by law. The Selected Entrant must sign and return to OLV an affidavit of eligibility, liability and publicity release in the form approved and provided by OLV (“Release”) and all requested supporting information, including (without limitation) proof of age and proof of identity, showing that the person claiming the Grand Prize is the same Entrant named on the winning ticket and the winning ticket stub. Unless restricted by law, the Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within ten (10) days after receipt of Grand Prize notification. The Grand Prize may be forfeited if the Selected Entrant: (i) fails to obtain all signatures; (ii) fails to return the Release and any supporting documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the Grand Prize for any reason.
7. LIABILITY INSURANCE. It shall be the sole responsibility of the Selected Entrant to purchase all required liability insurance.
8. Official Rules and Selected Entrant. The name of the Selected Entrant will be posted on OLV’s website on or about May 6, 2016 (if required ticket number is sold). The name of the Selected Entrant and a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: OLV Cash Raffle, 1626 West Princeton Avenue, Fresno, California 93704, All such requests must be received by OLV within 30 days after the Selected Entrant is drawn.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. The Raffle is subject to these Official Rules. These Official Rules shall not be changed by any oral statement made by any person acting on behalf of the OLV. By participating, Entrants agree that: a) They be fully and unconditionally bound by all the rules, limitations and restrictions of these complete Official Rules and that the decisions of OLV regarding the interpretation of these Official Rules and the administration of the Raffle shall be final and binding on all Entrants; b) they waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Raffle or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law; c) To the full extent permitted by law, to release OLV and their respective officers, directors, representatives, employees, and agents, and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Raffle or the interpretation of these Official Rules (collectively, the “Releasees”) from all claims, causes of action, damages, liabilities, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement (collectively, “Claims”) arising out of or connected in any way with the Raffle and/or its production, judging, or administration (including, without limitation, the interpretation of these Official Rules). By accepting the Grand Prize, Selected Entrant agrees to release all Releasees from and against any Claims as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Raffle-related activity or participation in this Raffle (including, without limitation, and except where prohibited by law, the use of the Selected Entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with this Raffle on a national basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation; d) Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant and Selected Entrant will be issued all relevant Internal Revenue Service forms and notifications, including, but not limited to 1099, Forms W2–G and W-9, as applicable, for the value of the Grand Prize. Selected Entrant will be responsible for paying income taxes prior to taking possession of the Grand Prize. Each ticket purchaser is advised to consult tax advisors with respect to the tax liabilities that may arise from winning the Grand Prize in this Raffle. The fair market value of the prize will be assessed on the day of the drawing. e) OLV reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Raffle or violating these Official Rules.
10. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE RAFFLE. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, OLV RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
In the event the release described herein is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be inapplicable in a particular circumstance, an Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy for any Claim against any Releasee arising out of the sale of Raffle ticket or the conduct of the Raffle shall nevertheless be limited to the return to such Entrant of the purchase price paid for his or her Raffle ticket(s). In no event shall OLV or any of their directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives be liable to any Entrant or other person or entity for any loss or injury to earnings, profits or goodwill, or for any incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages of any Entrant or other person or entity whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
11. PRIVACY. All personal information collected by OLV will be used for administration of the Raffle and OLV’s promotion/marketing of future OLV events. OLV will not sell or otherwise distribute personal information collected except as stated above.
12. APPLICABLE LAW/JUDICIAL REFERENCE. This Raffle is intended to be conducted in accordance with applicable California law. The decisions of OLV regarding the interpretation of these Official Rules and the administration of the Raffle shall be final and binding on all Entrants. Subject to the foregoing, any controversy, dispute, or claim between OLV and any Entrant, in any combination, arising out of or connected in any way to these Official Rules or the Raffle (collectively, a “Controversy”) shall be heard by a referee, without a jury, in accordance with the provisions of section 638, et seq., of the California Code of Civil Procedure or their successor statutes. The referee shall be appointed by the court, shall hear and determine all of the issues in the action or proceeding brought to resolve the Controversy, whether of fact or of law, and shall report a statement of decision to the court, all in accordance with the provisions of section 638, et seq., of the California Code of Civil Procedure or their successor statutes. OLV may plead the finality of its interpretation of these Official Rules and of its decisions regarding the administration of the Raffle as a full and complete defense should such a Controversy involve OLV and its performance of such activities.
For more information call 559/ 229-0205