This week’s family letter was written by Ms. Hirata, Preschool Director.
Last Saturday evening was the annual Father Daughter Dance. This year, the committee decided to switch it up a bit, take advantage of the beautiful weather, and hold the dance in Mary’s Grotto here at the school – talk about the perfect setting! I was amazed at how beautiful the grotto looked when the sun began to set and our guests started to arrive. All who attended were dressed to impress, to say the least. The girls all dazzled in gorgeous spring dresses and their escorts were so handsome in their slacks and ties. Everyone looked like a million bucks.
A HUGE thank you to the following people for making this dance happen:
- Leticia Villa for chairing this event, along with co-chair Betty Kempen & squad – “the kites were amazing, Martha” (as in Stewart).
- DJ Special K for serenading us throughout the evening making the night a memorable one for all!
- Theresa Hernandez & Elisha Nakada for the amazing lighting in the grotto.
- Francine Diaz for the beautiful corsages.
- Virginia Fajardo and family for coordinating our delicious dinner.
- Marcela Halverson for the food service and kitchen prep.
- Laurie Cortez for the amazing dessert/candy bar.
- Maria (Angela) Grajales for the incredible balloon arch behind the dessert bar – that was awesome!
- Larry Correa for the use of the fload light.
- …and to ALL other parent volunteers who helped in some way that evening – it wouldn’t have been possible without you!!
Now that the Father Daughter Dance is behind us, many families have shown interest in having a Mother-Son function. These events can’t happen without volunteers, so if you would like to help out please contact OLV Office and let us know what you can do!
OLV Preschool Director
Saint George (-303) St. George is a martyr. During the crusades, George was seen to personify the ideals of “Christian chivalry.” He is the patron saint of England and Catalonia. King Richard I of England placed his crusading army under the protection of St. George and his feast was proclaimed a holiday.
Pray For– Charlie DeGrange; The Cardinale family’s great grandmother; Bill Durham as he goes through chemo therapy; Zach Hamilton’s grandmother as she recovers from surgery.
Thank you– Mrs. Villa, her committee and the volunteers who made the Father Daughter Dance a huge success; to everyone who participated in the penny war- we raised over $1300 for Charlie!
Congratulations– Francisco Giovanni Alvarez, Lilyana Nevaeh Naito, and Thomas Andrew Quiroz on their baptism!
Prayer– Sacred Heart of Jesus, protect my family.
Mark Your Calendars!
Spring IOWA Testing- April 20th to 24th
Raffle Tickets Sales at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel – April 26th at the 2:00pm Mass. Sign up for your opportunity to sell!!
5th Grade Field Trip to Scout Island- April 22nd
4th Grade Field Trip to San Juan Bautista- April 24th
7th Grade Field Trip to San Francisco-April 28th
Noon Dismissal/ Extension Care AND Preschool close at 1pm– Friday, May 1st for carnival set up.
Our Lady of Victory School Carnival- Sunday May 3rd
NO SCHOOL – Monday, May 4th for carnival clean up
8th Grade Retreat- May 12th
First Holy Communion for OLV 3rd Grade Class-
Sunday, May 17th at the 9:30am Mass
8th Grade Finals- May 18th – 22nd
Memorial Day No School- May 25th
Preschool Promotion – Wednesday, May 27th at 9am in Mary’s Grotto.
8th Grade Graduation-May 29th at the 9:00am Mass