The Holy Father, Pope Francis, is dedicating this year to those who live a consecrated life. He is asking us to pray for those who have chosen a life as a priest, religious or seminarian. In keeping with this theme Father Dan has asked us to pray in a special way for vocations. Every week one family from our school will take the vocations cross and prayer book home. They will pray each day for vocations and return the cross on Monday at Morning Prayer. If your family would like to have the cross for a week please email or call the office.
January and February provide teachers and students with a long block of solid teaching time! Here is what you can do to help your child’s teacher make the most out of this opportunity:
- Evaluate your student’s study habits. Make sure they are working in a quiet place that is free from distractions.
- Check your child’s progress on School Speak. Look for any missing work or low test scores. Contact your student’s teacher with any of your concerns.
- Eight hours of sleep and nutritious food will help your student stay focused during the day.
- Replenish school supplies. At this time of year pens, pencils and paper supplies are running low.
On a final note, I omitted Alan Camacho name from the spelling winners list. He took first place in the 7th grade category! Have a blessed week, go in peace and don’t run in the halls.
Deborah J.V. Nettell
Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton St. Elizabeth Ann Seton founded a religious community and a school for poor children. This was the first free Catholic school in America. She is also the first American born saint.
Pray For– Charlie DeGrange and his family; Monica Blanco-Etheridge as she recovers from surgery; Adriana Palomares’ great-grandmother who is very ill.
Thank You – Mrs. Mason, Mrs. Sutton and staff for preparing our Christmas program; Ceballos family for taking home the vocations cross!
Prayer– Dear Lord, I open my heart to You, and I give thanks for Your life that fills me with compassion, understanding and peace.
Mark Your Calendars!
Acre Testing– January 12th thru 16th
Knights of Columbus Free Throw– Friday the 16th at 3:00pm
Martin Luther King Day- January 19 NO School
Second Trimester Progress Reports- January 23rd
Crab Feed- January 24th
Catholic School’s Week- January 26th- 30th Students will be participating in a variety of activities. A more information will be included in next week’s mailing.
- Saturday January 24th– Crab Feed
- Monday January 26th– Knowledge and Faith
- Tuesday January 27th– Principal of the day and teacher appreciation
- Wednesday January 28th– Students will make lunches for Catholic Charities, Rally and staff vs student basket ball game.
- Thursday January 29th– Celebrate Us. Students will wear international dress and learn dances from around the world.
- Friday January 30th– Mass and student council will organize games and activities for the afternoon.
- Sunday February 1st– Open House at 9am and Mass at 11:30am.
Open House- February 1 at 9:00am. Open house is followed by 11:30 Mass. More information will be given soon!