Next week is Catholic Schools’ Week! This year’s theme is: Catholic Schools, Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service. Our teachers have planned and organized activities and projects for the week that are connected to this theme. The following is the schedule for the week:
- Saturday– The 6th annual crab feed will take place at Holy Spirit Church. THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT!!!!
- Monday– Students will make thank you cards for the Our Lady of Victory Parishioners. These will be passed out at the 11:30am Mass
- Tuesday– This is Pajama Day! Students may wear their favorite PJs to school. Please remember that students should wear PJs that are appropriate for recess. Sweat pants and sweatshirts are okay. Students must wear shoes, no slippers.
- Wednesday– The student body will make 200 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. All the sandwiches will go to Catholic Charities. More information about this activity is included in this mailing.
- Thursday– This day we will celebrate Spirit Day and Knowledge Bowl. Students may wear clothes that show their OLV spirit. During class time they will participate in academic competitions.
- Friday– Because this is the 40th anniversary Catholic Schools Week, the student council will provide 40 minutes of fun and games in the afternoon.
- Sunday– Open House from 9:00am to 11:00am. Students will sponsor the 11:30am Mass at OLV Church.
- For the past two weeks teachers and their students have been preparing presentations on Catholic Knowledge. We will see these presentation a few at a time throughout the week.
I have ordered several items from our on-line store and I am happy to report some positive news. I purchased hats, sweatshirts and tee-shirts. All of them were made well and of good quality materials. I had my order sent by ground and it took about one week to arrive. The items I ordered were on the large side and they shrank just a little. On my next purchase I will order a size smaller. Remember 20% of all the sales from the online store will go directly to the school!
This afternoon we were told that Monsignor Moreton is having surgery today. Please keep him in your prayers! Go in peace and don’t run in the halls!
Deborah J.V. Nettell
Saint John Bosco (1815 – 1888) St. John Bosco devoted himself to the care of the young. He created evening classes, to which hundreds came, and he set up a boarding-house for apprentices and workshops for their training education. He founded a congregation St. Francis de Sales, and today the Salesians continue to do St. John Bosco’s work all over the world.
Special Thank You – To the alumni families who are organizing and preparing the annual crab feed. To all the current families who are helping with the crab feed by donating time, product and money.
Pray For: The end of the drought in our state and the return to good health for Monsignor Moreton.
Prayers of the Day –Heart of Jesus, I put my trust in Thee!
Mark Your Calendars!
Second Trimester Progress Reports – Progress reports go home January 24th and are due back January 31st with parent signature.
Crab Feed – January 25th Reservation form in Family Envelope!
Hospitality at the OLV Church – January 26th after all the Masses. Proceeds will go to the 5th grade class.
Catholic School’s Week – January 27th through January 31st
OLV School Service– January 27th -Making lunches for those in need. See flyer in family envelope for what items need to be donated.
Open House – February 2nd from 9am to 11:00am. The school will host the 11:30 Mass.
Noon Dismissal – February 3rd
Principal’s Lunch– February 4th at 12:00pm in the teachers’ staffroom. This lunch is for all students in grades three through eight, who received a 4.0 GPA on the first trimester report cards.
OLV School Mass – February 9th OLVChurch @ 9:30am
Parent Club Meeting – February 11th @ 6pm
Valentine Parties – February 14th @ 2:15 pm
Presidents Day – February 17th No School
Kindergarten Orientation– February 20th at 6:00pm, in the kindergarten classroom.
Father-Daughter Dance – February 22nd
Third Grade First Reconciliation – March 8th at 9:00am