Next week is Catholic School’s Week! Our theme this year is: “Catholic Schools Raise the Standards.” With that in mind this is what our week will look like.
- Monday 1/28, Spirit Day- Students may wear red and white clothing and jeans, or their school uniform. I will be looking for the class that shows the most school spirit and shows how the Holy Spirit works! The winners will get a special surprise.
- Tuesday 1/29- This day both Alek Trukki and his brother Luke will be taking over my administrative duties. Yeah! They have a busy day planned beginning with students wearing their PJs to school! Sweat pants are okay to wear but please no slippers. They are also requiring all teachers to show a movie in the afternoon. Students will be allowed to bring pillows, sleeping bags and treats to make this wonderful afternoon even more special. After a school day like this both the Trukki boys felt that everyone would need to spend a relaxing evening with their families, so there will be no homework on this day. You will hear more from the Trukki boys next week via the family letter that they will write and send to all of you!
- Wednesday 1/30- Students will give service to each other and the community at large. Once again we will make Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches for Catholic Charities. Each class will be responsible for bringing specific items for the lunch. More information is included with this mailing.
- Thursday 1/31- Students will spend class time researching Catholic influences in the World. Each class will give a presentation to the student body Thursday at 1:00pm.
- Friday 2/1- Community Day- Students will be making thank you messages to the Our Lady of Victory parishioners and our neighbors.
- Sunday 2/3- Open House from 9:30am to 11:30am. The parent club board will have some breakfast hospitality available in the All Purpose Room and our students will be making presentations in their classrooms. At 11:30 we will wrap up open house and prepare for the 12 Mass. If you are planning to attend Mass please dress your child in their formal uniform.
This will be a great week for all! Go in peace and don’t run in the halls.
Deborah J.V. Nettell
The Conversion of Saint Paul Friday January 25
This feast celebrates the day the Christ appeared to St. Paul in a vision as he was on the way to Damascus. Christ reproached him for his persecutions and converted him to the true faith.
Thank you to– Mr. Vosburg for fixing the cafeteria tables. The many alumni families that are preparing and organizing this year’s crab feed! Special thanks to the chair of the OLV Crab Feed, John Esquivel.
Pray For –Mrs. Marquez, our fourth grade teacher. Her family has had four family members pass away over the past two months. Please keep them in your prayers. Also pray for the success of the Crab Feed and its organizers.
Mark Your Calendars!
5th Annual OLV Alumni Crab Feed – January 26th 5pm at Holy Spirit Church Hall. See reservation form in family envelope.
Spelling Bee – January 26th at Our Lady of Perpetual Help School in Clovis.
Catholic Schools Week – January 27th through February 3rd. More information will be coming soon.
Open House – February 3 from 9:30am to 11:30am, followed by Noon Mass at OLV Church.
School Mass- February 3. The school will host the Noon Mass at Our Lady of Victory Church. Students from all grade levels will serve in a variety of ways for this service. Students should wear formals uniforms and meet at the church by 11:30am.
Noon Dismissal- February 4
Academic Decathlon Lunch- February 8
Ash Wednesday- February 13. Students must wear formal uniforms on this day.
Valentine Day’s Parties- February 14 at 2:15pm